poi-user mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <nick.bu...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: Need HSMF for creating Outllook msg file with attachments
Date Sat, 11 Jun 2011 16:51:01 GMT
On Sat, 11 Jun 2011, sus7cob wrote:
> I would love to have such a feature in HSMF. Kindly let me know by when
> it is expected to have HSMF support for creating msg files, so that we
> could get rid of buying too highly priced licensed tools.

About 3 minutes after you send in the patch to add the support ;-)

I don't think write support is on anyone's todo list, so it'll depend on
when someone is willing to put in the time to add the feature. You ought
to find that changing an existing file is mostly already there, generating
a new file or adding/removing properties would take more work. If you're
interested in adding the support, please join the dev list and we can give
you some advice on getting started. Alternately, if you have the budget
for expensive tools, you could consider instead sponsoring someone (not
me!) to add the feature in for you.

Nick