poi-user mailing list archives

From Ezequiel Foncubierta <efoncubie...@zaizi.com>
Subject Re: How to extract embedded documents from a .msg
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2011 14:42:41 GMT
Thanks Nick. I'm using version 3.8 beta3.

Problem is that embedded attachments (e.g. when you attach a .msg file) have null values in
attachData, attachExtension, attachFileName and so on. Only attachmentDirectory (of type DirectoryChunk)
has a value. I think need to extract the attachment from a DirectoryChunk object, and I don't
know if there is a way to do it.

On 13 Jun 2011, at 15:06, Nick Burch wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Jun 2011, Ezequiel Foncubierta wrote:
>> I'm using the MAPIMessage class to extract attachments from an email message and
have some troubles to extract embedded documents (E.g. a message attached). I'm trying to
go through DirectoryChunk, but I don't find a way to extract them. Basically, I need to access
to its filename, raw data (InputStream?) and mimetype. Is it possible? How can I get them?

> First up, make sure you're using 3.8 beta 3 as there has been some work done on the code
recently

> On a MAPIMessage, call getAttachmentFiles() to get AttachmentChunks. On each attachment,
use attachFileName / attachLongFileName to figure out if it's one you want. If it is, your
data is in attachData

> Nick

This message should be regarded as confidential. If you have received this email in error
please notify the sender and destroy it immediately. Statements of intent shall only become
binding when confirmed in hard copy by an authorised signatory.

Zaizi Ltd is registered in England and Wales with the registration number 6440931. The Registered
Office is 203 Westbourne Studios, 242 Acklam Road, London W10 5JJ, UK.