poi-user mailing list archives

From Ezequiel Foncubierta <efoncubie...@zaizi.com>
Subject Re: How to extract embedded documents from a .msg
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2011 14:54:33 GMT
There is another case, when the message has an embedded image/video/whatever you got the same,
therefore you shouldn't use getAsEmbededMessage to get the embedded document.

On the other hand, is it possible to get the raw data from a MAPIMessage object?

On 13 Jun 2011, at 15:46, Nick Burch wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Jun 2011, Ezequiel Foncubierta wrote:
>> Problem is that embedded attachments (e.g. when you attach a .msg file) have null
values in attachData, attachExtension, attachFileName and so on. Only attachmentDirectory
(of type DirectoryChunk) has a value. I think need to extract the attachment from a DirectoryChunk
object, and I don't know if there is a way to do it.

> Hmm. The only files I've ever seen with a DirectoryChunk but no attachData were where
there was another MAPI Message embedded inside the first

> Assuming that's what you have, just call getAsEmbededMessage() on the directory to get
your message

> Nick

This message should be regarded as confidential. If you have received this email in error
please notify the sender and destroy it immediately. Statements of intent shall only become
binding when confirmed in hard copy by an authorised signatory.

Zaizi Ltd is registered in England and Wales with the registration number 6440931. The Registered
Office is 203 Westbourne Studios, 242 Acklam Road, London W10 5JJ, UK.