poi-user mailing list archives

From Maxim Valyanskiy <max...@jet.msk.su>
Subject Re: Is it possible to create encrypted HSSF workbooks?
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2011 07:45:15 GMT
Hello!

02.06.2011, в 19:31, Nick Burch написал(а):

> On Wed, 1 Jun 2011, Alex Broytman wrote:
>> our application needs to be able create encrypted (password protected) workbooks
using POI HSSF. We can read encrypted workbooks, but is creation of such workbooks supported?

> I believe the encryption support is currently only read-only. Maxim may have an idea
of how much work write support may be, and we'd love patches if you did get a chance to implement
it!

Yes, encryption support is read-only. Encryption is well documented in MSDN - look at MS-OFFCRYPTO
and MS-XLS specifications. I think that it would be easier to implement encryption support
for XLSX than for XLS.

best wishes, Max