poi-user mailing list archives

From Chris McCann <testflyj...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: "Not implemented" exception for SUMIF function in xlsx file
Date Sun, 12 Jun 2011 06:44:41 GMT
Yegor,

I'll take a look at how the AnalysisToolPak functions are implemented to see
if I can contribute.

After I modified the spreadsheet to not use EOMONTH I was checking some
other calculations and have come across a strange problem.

Since I can't use EOMONTH I'm using this to get the first day of the next
month.

Assume A2 = 1/1/2011, then the function in B2 to get the first day of the
next month is:

B2:  =DATE(YEAR(A2), MONTH(A2)+1, 1)

This works fine in Excel and, I thought, in POI.  But I noticed some formula
values were not being returned correctly in POI, and after digging into it
there seems to be an issue with the MONTH function.

In Excel I get this:

=MONTH(A2) => 1

But POI says MONTH(A2) => 12.0.

Say what?  And that explains why a function that checks to see if two dates
are equal is failing when the dates should be equal, and the dependent
formulas are not returning the correct values.

The serial date value for "1/1/2011" is 39082.  If I use the DATE function
above for B2 I get a serial number of 39083 and a date of 1/2/2011, which is
quite wrong.

Is there some trick to using MONTH and other date functions in Excel so that
POI will evaluate them properly?

I did look at the source for CalendarFieldFunction.java (I think that's
what's handling MONTH), and I noticed a TODO about "fix 1900/1904 problem".
I'm using a Mac, and the Excel docs do indicate that Mac and Windows systems
use 1904 and 1900, respectively, for their serial dates.  Could this be the
problem, or at least part of it?

Cheers,

Chris