poi-user mailing list archives

From Yegor Kozlov <yegor.koz...@dinom.ru>
Subject Re: "Not implemented" exception for SUMIF function in xlsx file
Date Sun, 12 Jun 2011 06:23:54 GMT
On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 8:28 AM, Chris McCann <testflyjets@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks, Nick.  Your response made me dig deeply into all of the functions
> used in dependent cells.  I found that we were using the EOMONTH function to
> calculate the first/last day of a month.  That function is part of the
> Analysis Toolpak, and I assume that's why it's not implemented.  Is there a
> list of implemented functions somewhere in the docs?

Mappings for the AnalysisToolpack are defined here:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/poi/trunk/src/java/org/apache/poi/ss/formula/atp/AnalysisToolPak.java

At the moment POI implements only five ATP functions:

ISEVEN
ISODD
MROUND
RANDBETWEEN
YEARFRAC

It should be easy to add support for EOMONTH, just follow the pattern:
create a sub-class of FreeRefFunction and register it in
AnalysisToolPak.java.

Patches are welcome. Let me know if you need guidance.

> Changing our EOMONTH for a different function that is supported made
> everything work, so that problem is solved.
>
> Not being familiar with the code base in terms of how unimplemented
> functions are handled it seems to me it should be possible to at least
> surface the name of the requested, unimplemented function in the exception
> message.  That would be tremendously helpful for debugging.

I'm going to look into the code and see if it is possible to propagate
function name into the exception message.

Yegor