poi-user mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: taking too long to create xlsm
Date Sat, 25 Jun 2011 15:17:07 GMT

On Jun 24, 2011, at 10:06 PM, dpront wrote:

> Hello!
>
>  Q:Have you looked to see if you are filling physical memory? In other
> words is your OS paging heavily?
>
>      A: Nope, everytime I ran the profiling setup, it's always at 80% and
> not reaching it's peak.  However, my CPU Usage stays at 100% until the
> profiling is terminated.
>
>  Q: How much RAM? What are your JVM heap settings?
>
>      A: I have 2gb of RAM, and the xmx setting on my eclipse configuration
> is set to 384m (I'm not sure if I answered you correctly with this one).

Try increasing your xmx setting to larger values - try 512M and see if that gives you a speedup.

>  Q: are you writing to a local or remote disk? If local is it nearly full?
>
>     A: Local writing, what do you mean by "nearly full" ?

How much free space do you have on that local disk? If it is less than 5% then you could be
having trouble writing. You disk is likely to be fragmented and writing can be slowed due
to that.

Regards,
Dave