poi-user mailing list archives

From Jon Svede <jsv...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Unable to use POI HSSF in plugin development
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2011 16:49:32 GMT
When you say "plug-in" do you mean Eclipse plug-in?

If so this might be better suited to the Eclipse forums....however.....if you
mean an Eclipse plug-in: when you say it is on the build path, do you mean as in
right clicking on the project and adding it to the build path?  That doesn't
work in Eclipse plug-ins.  You need to make the POI libraries into a plug-in,
export the packages for that plug-in, then add the dependency in your plug-in.
Again, I am assuming you mean an Eclipse plug-in.  If not, disregard.

Jon

________________________________
From: swarajbhat <swaraj.bhat@igatepatni.com>
To: user@poi.apache.org
Sent: Fri, June 3, 2011 12:17:26 AM
Subject: Unable to use POI HSSF in plugin development

Hello,

I am developing a plugin to create and perform operations on excel files and
I am not able to use the HSSF library for the same. When I tried using the
HSSF library in an independent java application, the thing worked. But when
I tried using the same during developing the plugin, I get a ClassNotFound
exception for the HSSFWorkbook class. I have added the POI plugin in the
build path (and confirmed that the plugin contains the HSSFWorkbook class)
as well as imported the HSSFWorkbook class.

Could someone tell me what I am doing wrong here? Is there something else I
need to add or modify while using the POI library in plugin development? Or
is it just my bad luck that its not working!!!

Thanks and Regards...