poi-user mailing list archives

From Jon Svede <jsv...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: HSSFSheet createRow
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2011 16:50:36 GMT
How are you building your runnable jar?  Are you using an Ant build script?  Or
using the Eclipse export wizard?

As Nick said earlier, this is really a procedural question that is better suited
to the Eclipse Forums.  However, this is something that I am currently able to
do without issue and I am doing it with POI.  I use plug-ins and the export
wizard.

I recently sent a post to this distro about how to create a plug-in from the POI
jars.  You need to do that and then re-create your project as a plug-in.

To do this, create new project using the New Project Wizard, right click > New >
Other.

Then go down to the Plug-in Development node, expand it and select "Plug-in
Project".

On the first page of the subsequent wizard give your project a name (something
like com.mycompany.project) and a version number.  Click next.

On the next page you can specify the provider and a name.  In the "Options"
section below the naming stuff, there is a check box for "This plug-in will make
contributions to the UI" - uncheck that if it is checked.  Next, select "no"
under the "would like to create a rich client application?". Click "Finish".

Expand your new project and go the META-INF/MANIFEST.MF.  Click on the
Dependency tab in the Manifest Editor.  On the left you can add plug-in
dependencies, so click 'Add' and start typing the name of your POI plug-in.
Select your project and click 'Ok'. Save the manifest.  Now you can import your
dependencies.

Finally, you should now be able to right click on your project and run the
Export wizard to create a runnable jar file.

This is a medium level overview, there is more to understand about plug-in
development but I think this gets you most of the way there.

HTH,

Jon