poi-user mailing list archives

From dpront <gerard.a...@xmarter.com>
Subject Re: taking too long to create xlsm
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2011 16:23:07 GMT
Hi!

  Thanks for all the help and suggestions.  I have managed to modify the
code and now I am already producing my excel file faster than before.  This
is the result of my latest profiling (filtered one)

http://s760.photobucket.com/albums/xx242/gerardagda/?action=view&current=ExecutionStatistics.jpg

  And I think that my problem with the "writing" section is already
half-fixed (can't say 100% because I haven't fully tested it yet because I'm
trying to solve another issue).

  The another issue is, when you checked the screenshot, the creation or
reading of the document is longer also.  And to support my previous
screenshot, I have created another profile screenshot that is using a simple
filter.

http://s760.photobucket.com/albums/xx242/gerardagda/?action=view&current=CallTree-1.jpg

  The question is, can I still make it a little bit faster? by the way,
without using a profiler, the code finishes for about 13 seconds.  What I
wanted to achieve is to make it finish with 5 seconds or less.

  The reason behind this is because I'm not doing a batch record
insert/update or delete.  The java code always run for every single insert,
update or delete.

And here is my java code:

http://privatepaste.com/700b8c338e

Thanks.