poi-user mailing list archives

From freemarket <hk-supp...@iscs-i.com>
Subject Poor Image quality when using JFreeChart generated Images in HSLF
Date Sun, 19 Jun 2011 19:56:24 GMT
Hi,
When using an image generated in JFreeChart which appears crisp in web
browser, same image appears blurry when
embedded as Picture within HSLF slideshow. Here are some details:

image generated by standard chart factory and saved as:

new BufferedImage(width, height, BufferedImage.TYPE_INT_RBG)

image is then read in by:

byte[] bytesOut = null;
int picNdx = -1;
try {
    ImageIO.write(img, imgType, baos);
    bytesOut = baos.toByteArray();
    baos.close();
    picNdx = ppt.addPicture(bytesOut, Picture.PNG);
} catch (IOException e) {
.
.

Where imgType = "png"

the dimensions for the anchor are the same as the images dimensions
specified by the JFreeChart method.
The image always looks blurry. I suspect the default size of the Picture to
have something to do with this
in regards to the POINT_DPI/PIXEL_DPI yet I never invoke the
Picture.setDefaultSize() method.

Any suggestions as to how to enhance the crispness of the embedded image?

Thanks,
Henry