poi-user mailing list archives

From naresh <d.naresh.re...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem opening the written Excel file with BigGridDemo
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2011 09:35:18 GMT
Hi Yegor,

Thanks for the reply.

>> 525MB is a big file. Does your computer have enough memory to open it?
Yes, When I write 1,000,000(1million) records its size is 525 MB. But it
cannot open even the 260MB file if I write more than 490,000 records itself.

>> What happens if you click Yes? Do you see the contents?
Yes, EXCEL can recover the content and I can copy the content to a new file
and open next time successfully.

>> Can you reproduce the problem for any data? If so, can you submit a test
>> case?
Yes, with the BigGridDemo.java it happens for the columns more than 150 and
records more tha 490,000.
How to submit a test case and where? What minimum information is required.
We can just modify the BigGridDemo.java to write 150 cols(add a loop - takes
max 4 lines) and more than  490,000 records (just modify the 10,000 to
490,000).

>> It can be that BigGridDemo  does not escape certain xml symbols. One
>> way to see what's wrong is to unzip the .xlsx file and validate the
>> sheet*.xml files. At minimum, they should be syntactically correct.
Yes, I have extracted and opened the sheet1.xml but all the data is ok as
per syntax.

Thanks & Regards,
Naresh.D