poi-user mailing list archives

From "McEuen, Michael E (from Team Exstream)" <mce...@hp.com>
Subject XWPFNumbering constructor that doesn't use onDocumentRead?
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2011 20:58:58 GMT
Hello all,
  I'm using POI to create Docx from scratch and the XWPF interface is great. However, I'm
trying to generate abstract numberings and I've hit a wall with XWPFNumbering. I don't see
a way to use this class without reading in a document that already includes numberings.

Is this behavior intentional? I looked in XWPFDocument and I'm not seeing a way to populate
the numberings member outside of onDocumentRead. Are there plans to implement a constructor
for XWPFNumbering that doesn't call onDocumentRead, or would a patch that implements this
be considered?

I'm new to POI, so any help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your time,
Mike McEuen