poi-user mailing list archives

From Donato <ct003...@mediaset.it>
Subject Re: Extract Excel 2007 tables with Jakarta POI 3.7
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2011 16:06:54 GMT
Nick Burch <nick.burch <at> alfresco.com> writes:

> On Wed, 2 Mar 2011, Donato wrote:
> > 		String cell_new = (new CellReference(new_row,
> > new_col)).formatAsString( );
> >
> > 		table.getCTTable( ).setRef(cell_start + ":" + cell_new);
> >
> > Using setRef, the table1.xml file is updated, but the xml for the sheet
> > (containing a conditional formatting) is not.
>
> When you call getCT.... you're getting the low level xml beans. At that
> point, you need to do everything yourself. So, you'll need to find any
> other appropriate beans and set them to match.
>
> Where a high level usermodel call exists, POI will be doing any fiddly
> stuff for you (like keeping different bits of the file in sync when you
> make a change).
>
> I think in this case though, there isn't a usermodel call for it. However,
> we'd love patches that would add this!
>
> Thanks
> Nick

I'll try. In the meantime, is it possible to create a kind of feature request
or to open a bug in bugzilla or somewhere else? I think the following things
should be supported:
- possibility to handle conditional formatting using XSSF objects too
- auto-extend ranges for conditional formatting when new rows are inserted
inside a range
- auto-extend ranges when a table is extented using setRef

Many thanks!
Donato