poi-user mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <nick.bu...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: Extract Excel 2007 tables with Jakarta POI 3.7
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2011 16:21:39 GMT
On Wed, 23 Feb 2011, Donato wrote:
> I'll open the bug. Could you provide some complete examples in order to
> use the XSSFTable object? (I had a look both at the javadoc and at the
> source files, but it seems a bit tricky.., it is not clear to me how to
> move from the workbook object already created to the document parts).

I've personally no idea what an xssf table is, or why you'd want one... So
I've no specific code to hand!

You'll want to get the document part of the workbook. Then, ask the
openxml4j package code to give you the part for your table.
(XSSFRelation.TABLE has most of the things you need to do it, and look in
POIXMLDocument for the code to do it). When you have the table package
part, create a xssf.model.Table object with it, and you're away

Nick