poi-user mailing list archives

From "Fazekas Imre" <Imre.Faze...@it-services.hu>
Subject RE: how-to extract textual embedded content
Date Mon, 21 Feb 2011 08:03:13 GMT
OK, let me attache a simple document.

I'm able to extract the content of the embedded textual file, the icon
from the sheet, but cannot find a way to get the position of the
embedded content. :(
Any help is much appreciated!

Best regards,

Imre

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Beardsley [mailto:markbrdsly@tiscali.co.uk]
Sent: Monday, February 21, 2011 8:30 AM
To: user@poi.apache.org
Subject: RE: how-to extract textual embedded content

If I am correct - and that is another if - then you will have to get the
root
element of the document from the POIFS object, recover a refernece to
the
list of directory/document entry object it manages and iterate through
them
to locate the anchor or anchors for the embedded objects. I have done
this
for pictures as I knew they had an associated anchor but never for
embedded
objects as I am unsure whether they do. The problem we hit when getting
at
the image's anchor is that while it did contain the location information
it
was then impossible to tie a specific anchor back to one image and I
fear
you will encounter this problem again. If I have the chance, I wil play
with
some code to see what happens but I would like to ask whether you could
upload a sample file for me to work with please?

Yours

Mark B