poi-user mailing list archives

From Mark Beardsley <markbrd...@tiscali.co.uk>
Subject Re: Replacing placeholder to a Table.
Date Sat, 26 Feb 2011 12:21:57 GMT
Hello again Andre,

I do not know if you are stil working on this problem but I have been a
little today and can report no p[rogress at all. It is a trivial task to
build a document sequentially; inserting a new paragraph followed by a table
followed by another paragraph, etc, but I cannot yet find a way to insert a
table between two existing paragraphs; whatever I try, the table simply
appears at the end of the document.

I think that the key lies in one of two places - allowing us to directly
update either the tables list or the body elements list, both of which are
protected and so inaccessible to client code. To date, I have not looked at
the source of the XWPF class but suspect that this is the way the
insertTable() and setTable() methods try to work. It would be perfect if we
could use the set/insertTable methods to allow us to position a table in the
document in it's correct location and I will look to see if this is
possible. As always, will be in touch if I make any progress.

Yours

Mark B