poi-user mailing list archives

From Mark Beardsley <markbrd...@tiscali.co.uk>
Subject Re: Anchor type for images in Excel
Date Sun, 13 Feb 2011 08:22:30 GMT

Helo again Hannes,

This is a very quick response and may not actually identify the cause of the
problem. However, the javadoc for the resize() method includes the
following;

"Please note, that this method works correctly only for workbooks with the
default font size (Calibri 11pt for .xlsx). If the default font is changed
the resized image can be streched vertically or horizontally. "

I wonder if this is what you are falling foul of? The easiest way to check
of course would be to simply look at the default font setting for your
workbook.

I have been meaning to look back at earlier versions of HSSF becuase I am
pretty confident that the anchor 'problem' did not used to exist - by this I
mean that the anchor type specified in code was always successfully
translated into the appropriate workbook setting. My memory is getting poor
now but I do remember both XSSF and HSSF streams setting anchor types
correctly and wonder if the change is the result of some work that was
undertaken on the class. As of this morning, I do not know this to be the
case and need to raid the archive to get my hands on a few earlier versions
of POI to run the tests, but I will post again if and when I find anything.

Yours

Mark B