poi-user mailing list archives

From veena <veenaredd...@gmail.com>
Subject How to check if Excel values are matching with my format
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2011 15:54:40 GMT

Hello users,

Iam stuck here any help would be appreciated.

here is my requirement:

I have to read a excel file (using POI) and make sure the cells and its
datatype must match to our customer needs, if not matches throw some error
or message saying "it does not matches to the format".

Iam seraching over internet and couldnt find any helpful info. Any one has
any idea how could we do this ?

Example of the Excel file:
first row first cell String value
second row first cell String then next 25 int and then String value
third row first cell Date
fourth row first cell String then 25 int and formula
goes on ...

Iam trying to specify these rules in some java class by hardcoding rows and
cells and invoke this while reading each row from Excel.

any code snippet would be helpful.