poi-user mailing list archives

From David Fisher <dfis...@jmlafferty.com>
Subject Re: convert poi generated excel to pdf
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2011 20:20:34 GMT
> I am using poi to generate excel , now my clients want to have pdf   also,
> please suggest me  if  there is  any way to convert poi generated excel to
> PDF ?pelase advice me.

There are ways, but nothing is straight-forward. It depends on the environment and time-line
that your clients require.

The main thing to consider is that PDF's are page images and Excel is cells with various rules
for printing, print areas, fit to page, etcetera.

Are you limited to a single platform? Depending on which you may want to automate Excel, OpenOffice,
or LibreOffice to print using some type of PDF adaptor.

I suggest that you google Excel to PDF and see what you find.

Regards,
Dave