poi-user mailing list archives

From Mark Beardsley <markbrd...@tiscali.co.uk>
Subject Re: Copy xls sheet from one workbook to another work book using HSSF POI
Date Fri, 17 Dec 2010 15:44:40 GMT

Must admit that I agree with Aram. If you have to copy images from one
workbook to another, there are quite a few wrinkles and hurdles to tackle.
It is easy enough to get at the source data for the image but it's location
is held in something called an anchor record and these are only exposed as
part of the Escher stream. The records are part of a hierarchy that you will
have to iterate through in order to locate the information. As yet, I have
not found an easy, repliable way to tie tigether the image and it's
associated anchor so if you have a few images on the worksheet this could
pose quite a problem.

Yours

Mark B