poi-user mailing list archives

From Sewwandi <sew...@gmail.com>
Subject Identifying Combo boxes in excel sheets
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2010 04:29:42 GMT
Hi All

I'm new to Apache POI and currently working in a project where POI is
used to extract data from excel sheets. There is a requirement of
identifying whether there are combo boxes in the excel sheet. we are
using the ss usermodel in POI version 3.6.
I read the API docs and understood that a combo box defined as a
DataValidationConstraint.ValidationType (LIst) and as far as I
understood there are methods to create or add data validation to an
excel sheet but I couldn't find any methods that could be used to
extract the data validations from a sheet.
If anyone knows whether there is a way to get data validation types
from a sheet, please help me.

Thank you!
Sewdil