poi-user mailing list archives

From Mark Beardsley <markbrd...@tiscali.co.uk>
Subject Re: Identifying Combo boxes in excel sheets
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2010 15:54:24 GMT

I do not think that this is going to work for you because that mechanism is,
at least as far as I am aware, the one used to create a new validation
rather than capture an existing one from the sheet. If you are working with
the older binary file format and HSSF, then it would be best to take a look
at the Microsoft file format specification to see where the validation list
information is stored. Then you will have to look into the core HSSF code to
see where that record is unpacked and add in the necessary support for
recovering lists. I do not think it is going to be as simple as calling the
existing methods within HSSF; but of course, I could well be very wrong.

Yours

Mark B