poi-user mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <nick.bu...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: Does POI use Reflection?
Date Fri, 08 Oct 2010 10:34:03 GMT
On Thu, 7 Oct 2010, Ramon F Herrera wrote:
> It seems that the latest trend in GUI (and MS Office apps) is the use of
> reflection. This is only supported by new generation programming
> languages such as Java and C#, not by C++.

POI is written entirely in Java, so if we want to use reflection we have
no issues with doing so - there's no C/C++ in our codebase

> Does POI use reflection, directly or indirectly?

There are a few places where we store a map or list of records IDs, ooxml
document parts etc, along with the appropriate class to handle them. The
appropriate class is then instantiated as required for the incoming record
or document stream

Nick