poi-user mailing list archives

From "Zachary Mitchell" <zac....@internode.on.net>
Subject Fw: HWPFDocument and dataStream.
Date Sat, 02 Oct 2010 07:47:56 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Zachary Mitchell" <zac.j.m@internode.on.net>
To: "POI Users List" <user@poi.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, October 02, 2010 5:10 PM
Subject: HWPFDocument and dataStream.

When inserting files to an HPFDocument,
ie inserting bytes from an image into HWPFDocument._dataStream,

-What do I data seperator do I use at the start and end of each byte []
range?  Do images all just concatenate at the beginning?

-What role does the "\u0001"  symbol play?

-I use reflection to setAccessible(true) the method

protected Paragraph insertAfter(ParagraphProperties props,
                                int styleIndex,
                                java.lang.String text)which calls properly.

-If I am inserting a new position just after the "this"Range (CharacterRun),
What do I insert as text at this point?An empty String "" ?Is a Character
Return '\r' necessary here still?What symbol(s) do I put as String text to
correspondto the particular number of byte[] in _dataStream,such that when
finalised to a .doc file,It will open with no problems?