poi-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Butnaru <ambutn...@gmail.com>
Subject HSSF
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2010 08:50:08 GMT
Hi,
I am planning to develop 2 web applications which will use Apache POI.
The applications will receive input one from the user in the web
browser and one from a SOAP request (Axis2). Both works the same.
These will set the values of few cells using the input values, will
re-evaluate the whole spreadsheet and then will return the results
calculated in respective cells. There are 5 spreadsheets involved in
calculations. One application uses a quite large one. The  other one
uses four of them linked.
Can anybody give me some advices before to start? Should I use HSSF
approach? I am using Tomcat as servlet. Could I run into memory
problems? How should I avoid this?

Thanks in advance for helping hints, trips and tricks.

Regards,
Manuel