poi-user mailing list archives

From Mark Beardsley <markbrd...@tiscali.co.uk>
Subject Re: Does XSSFDrawing support a function like getChildren() in HSSFPatriarch?
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2010 06:35:49 GMT

Do not place too much confidence in that particular reply. We did further
digging and found that it was necessary to unpack the escher records to
uncover information relating to the location and size of the images. The key
was to get at the anchor record - HSSFCleintAhcor I think it was - when
using HSSF.

Now, I do not have any direct experience of this sor t of operation when
using XSSF but would suggest that you look at the underlying CRDrawing bean
to find out what that is able to offer you (XSSFDrawing.getCTDrawing()).
XSSF is built on top of another layer of objects that are generated by
XMLBeans code and it is likely that you will need to interact with one of
these; CTDrawing could - and that is could - be the place to start.