poi-user mailing list archives

From "suresh.ganti564@gmail.com" <suresh.ganti...@gmail.com>
Subject Getting
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2010 13:03:37 GMT

Hi,

I have a problem while working with Apache POI and XSSFWorkbook.
I tried to solve it by my own and by looking at different posts. But I could
not get the correct solution. Its very very important for my project and I
cant move further without resolving this issue.
Actually I tried to shift cells up when ever I remove a row. So that it wont
be having any white spaces.
But when I tried to shift the rows I am getting the exception mentioned
below. One thing I am sure is I am using some Named references to the cells
that I want to shift. But I am not able to understand the exception. I am
attaching the sample workbook that I am using.
http://apache-poi.1045710.n5.nabble.com/file/n3228513/remove_rows_excel.xlsx
remove_rows_excel.xlsx .  Here I want to remove all the rows having data in
cells as Sample1....Sample6 based on effective date and I want to shift the
rows accordingly. But I am getting below exception

Exception in thread "main" org.apache.poi.ss.formula.FormulaParseException:
Cell reference expected after sheet name at index 7.
	at
org.apache.poi.ss.formula.FormulaParser.parseRangeable(FormulaParser.java:420)
	at
org.apache.poi.ss.formula.FormulaParser.parseRangeExpression(FormulaParser.java:266)
	at
org.apache.poi.ss.formula.FormulaParser.parseSimpleFactor(FormulaParser.java:1112)
	at
org.apache.poi.ss.formula.FormulaParser.percentFactor(FormulaParser.java:1072)
	at
org.apache.poi.ss.formula.FormulaParser.powerFactor(FormulaParser.java:1059)
	at org.apache.poi.ss.formula.FormulaParser.Term(FormulaParser.java:1410)
	at
org.apache.poi.ss.formula.FormulaParser.additiveExpression(FormulaParser.java:1510)
	at
org.apache.poi.ss.formula.FormulaParser.concatExpression(FormulaParser.java:1494)
	at
org.apache.poi.ss.formula.FormulaParser.comparisonExpression(FormulaParser.java:1451)
	at
org.apache.poi.ss.formula.FormulaParser.unionExpression(FormulaParser.java:1431)
	at org.apache.poi.ss.formula.FormulaParser.parse(FormulaParser.java:1552)
	at org.apache.poi.ss.formula.FormulaParser.parse(FormulaParser.java:174)
	at
org.apache.poi.xssf.usermodel.helpers.XSSFRowShifter.updateNamedRanges(XSSFRowShifter.java:112)
	at org.apache.poi.xssf.usermodel.XSSFSheet.shiftRows(XSSFSheet.java:2074)
	at org.apache.poi.xssf.usermodel.XSSFSheet.shiftRows(XSSFSheet.java:2022)
	at com.excel.reading.CleanPriceBook.removeRows(CleanPriceBook.java:235)
	at
com.excel.reading.CleanPriceBook.removeRowsByEffectiveDate(CleanPriceBook.java:333)
	at com.excel.reading.CleanPriceBook.cleanIndexPage(CleanPriceBook.java:52)
	at
com.excel.reading.CleanPriceBook.cleanUpPriceBook(CleanPriceBook.java:34)
	at com.excel.reading.CreatePriceBook.main(CreatePriceBook.java:25)