poi-user mailing list archives

From dcoales <david.coa...@accipia.com>
Subject XSSF Theme colors
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2010 19:58:31 GMT

Hi,

I have written a set of classes to convert a spreadsheet to an accurate html
representation.  This works fine with xls sheets but I'm having a problem
with xlsx sheets when theme colors are used.

When I use the XSSFColor.getARGBHex() method it works fine if the color was
one of the standard colors but if it was a theme color (including white)
then this method returns null.

I could use the getTheme method but I wouldn't know what to do with the
result.

Is there a utility class somewhere, or a standard technique, to reliably get
an RGB code for an XSSFColor regardless of whether it is a theme color or a
standard color.

Many thanks.