poi-user mailing list archives

From David Fisher <dfis...@jmlafferty.com>
Subject Re: Question about POI hwpf.usermodel.Picture object.
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2010 23:18:14 GMT
Zachary,

If you look at the source you will find the difference.

https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/poi/trunk/src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hwpf/usermodel/Picture.java?view=markup

Line 318	  private void fillImageContent()

322	    // HACK: Detect compressed images.  In reality there should be some way to determine
323	    //       this from the first 32 bytes, but I can't see any similarity between all
the
324	    //       samples I have obtained, nor any similarity in the data block contents.
325	    if (matchSignature(rawContent, COMPRESSED1, 32) || matchSignature(rawContent, COMPRESSED2,
32))
326	    {
327	      try

What do you think this means?

BTW - Nick and other have generously offered help. Please take a more careful look. If you
lost any of these replies there are archives available:

http://search.gmane.org/?query=&author=Zachary+Mitchell&group=gmane.comp.jakarta.poi.user&sort=date&DEFAULTOP=and&xFILTERS=Gcomp.jakarta.poi.user-Amitchell-Azachary---A

Regards,
Dave