poi-user mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <nick.bu...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: How and when to inherit CellStyle for Cell from Row?
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2010 15:22:03 GMT
On Thu, 9 Sep 2010, Stephen Bell wrote:
> I believe I can get hold of the row style via the HSSFRow.getRowStyle()
> method, but how do I know whether it is the row style or the column
> style that should take precendence?

I don't know the answer for your case, but hopefully someone else might.
In general though, I'd suggest you create a file in Excel that behaves as
you'd like it to. Then, use POI to read what actually got written into the
file, which often isn't what you might expect! Finally, re-create that
same setup in your new file, and all being well your file filled with lots
of data will look as you hoped

Nick