poi-user mailing list archives

From Louis.Mast...@log-net.com
Subject RE: XSSF Data Validation in POI 3.7
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2010 16:26:10 GMT
Nick:

I did not check it against HSSF - I don't think that is the issue.  The
issue is that the documentation on
http://poi.apache.org/spreadsheet/quick-guide.html#Validation states:

Drop Down Lists:
This code will do the same but offer the user a drop down list to select a
value from.
  HSSFWorkbook workbook = new HSSFWorkbook();
  HSSFSheet sheet = workbook.createSheet("Data Validation");
  CellRangeAddressList addressList = new CellRangeAddressList(
      0, 0, 0, 0);
  DVConstraint dvConstraint = DVConstraint.createExplicitListConstraint(
      new String[]{"10", "20", "30"});
  HSSFDataValidation dataValidation = new HSSFDataValidation
      (addressList, dvConstraint);
  datavalidation.setSuppressDropDownArrow(false);

Notice the "false" in the suppress statement - in 3.7 b2, it needs to be
"true" for the drop down to appear.  Maybe a simple documentation issue?