poi-user mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <nick.bu...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: XSSFCellStyles / CTCellStyles
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2010 11:32:22 GMT
On Fri, 13 Aug 2010, martin.studer@mirai-solutions.ch wrote:
> I'm still trying to figure out how to correctly use the CTCellStyle (and
> other associated) classes. I've tried many different ways but either get
> a non-valid document, or one that is somehow messed up. Is there any
> documentation, guidelines or similar that describe how to correctly use
> the CTxxxx classes? For example, how do I use CTXf or CTCellStyleXfs?
> They seem to be important for CellStyles but I can't make any sense out
> of them...

Check the microsoft documentation - the link is on the poi site

However, it might be quicker to just create a couple of different files in
excel and see what ends up in the file! :)

(Don't forget that .xlsx files are really a zip file of xml files, so you
can unpack them and easily poke around to see what excel does, it's often
quicker than finding the right page in the documentation...)

Nick