poi-user mailing list archives

From Trollchik <andrey_skryp...@mail.ru>
Subject POI Xls file parsing error
Date Tue, 27 Jul 2010 13:05:01 GMT

Hi, guys!
I'm using POI for reading Microsoft Office files without any problems before
this time. I have a file with extension of xls, and i use HSSFWorkbook for
reading. But i get next error:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The supplied POIFSFileSystem does not
contain a BIFF8 'Workbook' entry. Is it really an excel file?
	at
org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFWorkbook.getWorkbookDirEntryName(HSSFWorkbook.java:236)

if i try to perform: 		POIFSLister.viewFile("C://SHARE/SAGE.xls", true);
i get:

Root Entry -
  Document Summary Info [0 / 0x0]
  Excel1 -
    (no children)
  WorkBook [9628 / 0x259c]

Please help me, how can i resolve this problem? The Microsoft Excel open
this file without any problems!