poi-user mailing list archives

From "Martin Studer" <martin.stu...@mirai-solutions.com>
Subject User-defined cell styles in HSSF and XSSF
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2010 10:25:12 GMT
Hi all,

I'm using POI 3.7-beta1 and currently working with (user-)named CellStyles
(HSSF and XSSF workbooks).

For HSSF workbooks I wanted to do something like this:

HSSFWorkbook wb = ...

HSSFCellStyle cs = wb.createCellStyle();

cs.setUserStyleName(name);

However, when I try to do that I get an "Unable to set user specified style
names for built in styles!" exception. When I'm creating a new cell style, I
shouldn't be getting a built-in style, should I?

Also, for XSSF workbooks I currently didn't find a way to directly deal with
user defined style names. Is this something which is planned for the 3.7
release?

Thank you for your help,

Martin