poi-user mailing list archives

From Jorge Moya <jom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: openxml4j InvalidFormatException
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2010 15:19:20 GMT
I just wanted to say that I've figured this is, effectively like you said,
an issue with the libraries and the current configuration of Tomcat on the
server environment. Coincidentally, I finally tried Tomcat in my local
environment and it functions the way it should on the particular situation.
Guess it's just a matter of time and patience on figuring out which
webservice (and it's libraries) are conflicting with the xml ones.

Thanks for the assistance.

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 1:55 PM, Jorge Moya <jomoya@gmail.com> wrote:

> I did restart the Tomcat.
>
> Java version is 1.5.0_18-b02
> Windows version is Windows Server 2003 SP2
>
> Libraries:
> *http://bit.ly/casaPs*
> Shared only has cewcanative.jar
>
> Tomcast effectively has access to the directory (why can it successfully
> extract .xls files?).
>
> My local environment has less .jars than on the server, it's windows xp,
> and I'm testing the app using an ant build. (or by running a simple java
> .class)
>
> Hope this helps. I really appreciate all the help I've received so far.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 12:21 PM, David Fisher <dfisher@jmlafferty.com>wrote:
>
>> When you removed the jars, did you restart Tomcat?
>>
>> What version of Java is running on your Windows server and what version of
>> Windows?
>>
>> Can you list all of the jars in tomcat/common/lib and tomcat/shared/lib?
>>
>> Does your Tomcat server have proper access rights to the temporary
>> directory? Could there be a locking issue?
>>
>> How is your local environment different from your server?
>>
>> THere ought to be someone at your job who understands your Tomcat server.
>> Is there an internal resource? As you see I suspect that your problem is
>> really a Tomcat configuration issue. There is a very active Tomcat User list
>> - http://tomcat.apache.org/lists.html#tomcat-users
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dave
>>
>> On Jun 11, 2010, at 10:00 AM, Jorge Moya wrote:
>>
>> > I've tried removing the extra .jars and it still won't work. I just
>> don't
>> > get it.

>> is
>> required

> [...]