poi-user mailing list archives

From "Szostak, Jonathan" <jonathan.szos...@jackson.com>
Subject RE: Problems setting currency format
Date Tue, 11 May 2010 11:48:01 GMT
I don't want to insult your intelligence, but is the column wide enough to display numbers
over 10,000?

-----Original Message-----
From: MSB [mailto:markbrdsly@tiscali.co.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 1:54 AM
To: user@poi.apache.org
Subject: Re: Problems setting currency format

If you are copying the format for the cell from another cell that you have already created
in your template, is it not simply a matter of doing that, getting the format applied to the
template cell and then applying it to the cell you are inserting? That code would look something
like this;

I am not sure what your processing cycle looks like but I am going to assume that as you populate
a row in the worksheet with data, you simply look into the same column in the previous row
to retrieve a cell whose formatting you can copy. If this is the case, then the code could
look somthing like this;

// assume I am inserting a new row number 10 // and a cell into column 5.
int rowNumIndex = 9;
int newCellIndex = 4;

Row newRow = sheet.createRow(rowNumIndex); Cell newCell = newRow.createCell(newCellIndex);
newCell.setCellValue(100000.00);

// Get a reference to the a cell in the same column but the previous row - this assumes that
// the previous row was populated but that is a detail that depends upon how you are // processing
the CSV file I suppose. You could change this to alwasy look into the row // you created using
Excel when you built your template, if this row was the second row // on the worksheet, you
could even hard code that row index, a little like this; // newCell.setCellStyle(sheet.getRow(1).getCell(newCellIndex).getCellStyle());
newCell.setCellStyle(sheet.getRow(newRowIndex - 1).getCell(newCellIndex).getCellStyle());

Not very neat but all it does is apply to all cells in a specific column, the same cell style.
I have not tried this on 'running' code but it should be easy enough to test quite quickly
and assuming the format applied to the cell in your template works then it should be copied
into those cells you create.

Yours

Mark B