poi-user mailing list archives

From Sony Antony <sonyant...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Is it possible to read a table from Excel
Date Mon, 26 Apr 2010 23:31:50 GMT
This is useful.
Yes when I renamed the .xlsx file to .zip, I could see the contents.
And sure enough corresponding to each table inside the excel file, I saw a tableN.xml file
( where N is the number of teh table like 1,2,3... )

Eg : D:\tt\Book1.zip\xl\tables directory contains two file named table1.xml and table2.xml
for teh excel file that had two embedded tables.

It looked like this
  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
- <table xmlns="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/spreadsheetml/2006/main" id="2" name="Table2"
displayName="Table2" ref="B11:E19" totalsRowShown="0">
  <autoFilter ref="B11:E19" />
- <tableColumns count="4">
  <tableColumn id="1" name="Column1" />
  <tableColumn id="2" name="Column2" />
  <tableColumn id="3" name="Column3" />
  <tableColumn id="4" name="Column4" />
  </tableColumns>
  <tableStyleInfo name="TableStyleDark1" showFirstColumn="0" showLastColumn="0" showRowStripes="1"
showColumnStripes="0" />

So yeah, I can use this info to deduce teh table boundaries for each embedded tables.

Thanks a lot.

--sony