poi-user mailing list archives

From MSB <markbrd...@tiscali.co.uk>
Subject Re: Convert XLS into CSV
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2010 15:47:07 GMT

Hello Luke,

Which version of the Excel file format are you targetting, the older binary
or newer xml based version? I ask because Nick wrote and contributed some
code that can be used to convert the older binary files into csv. It uses
the eventmodel and will seem quite complex on first acquaintance but here it
is;

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/poi/trunk/src/examples/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/eventusermodel/examples/XLS2CSVmra.java

I know that other users have modified the code to, for example, output
diffenert worksheets to separate csv files.

Yours

Mark B