poi-user mailing list archives

From Richard Holmes <rich...@shedconsulting.co.uk>
Subject Re: Instalation Query - Newbie
Date Mon, 22 Mar 2010 20:46:02 GMT
Hi ebm,

Are your apps Java?  Put poi-3.6.jar into your class path and then the XLS
methods are under.

import org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.*;

My advice, download and use Eclipse IDE as you only type in

HSSFWorksheet

Then press CTRL-Space it shows you available classes/methods and when you
select one and press enter it auto generates the Import statements.

If you want to use the more generic SS model, which help support both XLS
and XLSX formats then import

import org.apache.poi.ss.usermodel.*;

Rich