poi-user mailing list archives

From "TARAF, WALID (ATTSI)" <TW6...@att.com>
Subject RE: HSSF hide menu item?
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2010 17:14:39 GMT
Yeah I was asking about the ability to control those widgets such as
Menu and/or menu items.

See what happens is the following for my case.  I need to completely
disable "cut/copy-n-paste" a selection of rows/columns AND protect the
sheet.

Well:

1) HSSF allows protection the sheet thru password setting etc.  But does
not allow disabling the "cut-n-paste"
2) XSSF allows protection at cell level with the disabling of
cut-n-paste.  But no API to set password setting to protect the sheet.
POI developers user list did confirm that was a bug and they should have
had that set up like HSSF does....basically build on HSSF interfaces.

SO I am trying to use option 2 while disabling "Review....unprotect
sheet" menu item :)

Thanks for your quick reply Mark

Walid t.