poi-user mailing list archives

From MSB <markbrd...@tiscali.co.uk>
Subject Re: Instalation Query - Newbie
Date Mon, 22 Mar 2010 18:00:50 GMT

I am not too sure exactly what you are asking here as the word import is used
to make a class avaailable to the code you are writing so I am going to
assume that you are asking which archives should be added to the classpath.
The answer depends on which file format are you working with, the older
binary format (.xls) or the newer xml based one (.xlsx)? The file format
affects - to some extent - the archives you will need to reference on your
claspath in order to compile and execute the code.

If you are working with the older binary file format, you should need to add
just one archive onto your classpath, it will have a name something like
this - poi-3.6-20091214.jar.

On the other hand, if you are working with the newer file format - the xml
based one - then you will need to add other files onto your classpath to
support this. Looking at my IDE, I have to reference the following archives;

poi-3.6-beta1-20091007.jar
poi-oxml-3.6-beta1-20091007.jar
openxml4j-1.0-beta.jar
xmlbeans-2.3.0.jar
ooxml-schemas-1.0.jar
dom4j-1.6.1.jar

You will need to look through the contents of the unzipped archives folders
to locate the files you have downloaded with names most closely matching the
examples I have given and add those onto your classpath.

Yours

Mark B