poi-user mailing list archives

From MSB <markbrd...@tiscali.co.uk>
Subject Re: HSSF: HSSFSheet.setColumnWidth() has no effect
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2010 07:42:34 GMT

Hello Jan,

I would have expected the method to work successfully whether you call it
before or after creating rows/colums and there is certainly no note in the
Javadocs indicating that the sequence is important. Can you create a simple
test file that demonstrates the problem - say a workbook with two sheets, on
one sheet call the setColumnWidth() method then create a row and cell and on
the other sheet create a row and cell then call setColumnWidth(). Hopefully,
one will work successfully and the other will fail and this file will give
the developers something to use in order to diagnose the problem. In
addition, could you say which version of POI you are using, which version of
Java and what you are runing the api on please; Windows, Linux, etc.

Yours

Mark B

PS Will have a play today if I have the time and see if anything obvious
leaps out at me.