poi-user mailing list archives

From MSB <markbrd...@tiscali.co.uk>
Subject Re: Is there a way to get the existing data validations from a spreadsheet?
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2010 07:22:09 GMT

Currently, the api does not expose that information but it does read it from
the Excel file as it parses it.

Take a look at these two classes;

http://poi.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/DVALRecord.html
http://poi.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/poi/hssf/record/DVRecord.html

I believe that they do contain the information that you are looking for. To
get it however, you will need to modify the api yourself and create the
necessary support to extract the informaion from these data structures. If
you do decide to proceed and to modify the api, the best thing to do is to
join the developers list and start asking questions there about how to
access these data structures. Sorry to say that I cannot offer any help
mtslef as I have not dug around in the internals of the api at all and am
far from being clever enough or a good enough programmer to know where to
start or proceed.

Yours

Mark B

PS. If you do manage to expose this information then I am sure it would be
appreciated if you would consider donating the work.