poi-user mailing list archives

From MSB <markbrd...@tiscali.co.uk>
Subject Re: Microsoft office document to pdf conversion question
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2010 17:56:17 GMT

POI does not offer a simple, direct way of converting an Office document -
Excel Workbook, Word Document - into a pdf. The best you could do would be
to combine POI with something like iText and use the former to strip the
information from the Office document and the latter to create then populate
the new pdf document.

The only way I know of to convert directly from Office to pdf is to use
either the relevant Office component (Word, Excel, etc) or OpenOffice. There
is an api called JODConvertor -
http://www.artofsolving.com/opensource/jodconverter - that you may wish to
take a look at. It removes the 'problem' of working directly with OpenOffice
- no UNO code to write!

Yours

Mark B