poi-user mailing list archives

From Amadeo Asco <...@Cs.Nott.AC.UK>
Subject RE: Class Not found in version 3.6-20091214
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2010 14:46:01 GMT
Where I get ooxml-schemas jar from as it is not part of 3.6 package?

-----Original Message-----
From: David Fisher [mailto:dfisher@jmlafferty.com]
Sent: 29 March 2010 15:35
To: POI Users List
Subject: Re: Class Not found in version 3.6-20091214

Hi Amedeo,

It is explained poorly on the site, but here is the deal.

There are two jar files for ooxml. One is the "lite" version that we hope
has full coverage of the parts that POI uses, and the other is the full, or
"heavy" version. The heavy version is much, much larger - around 10 MB.

Hopefully if you replace the poi-ooxml-schemas jar file with the
ooxml-schemas jar file you will be good. If this works and you can share a
version of your document then please submit a bugzilla and we can make sure
that later version of the "lite" jar included these parts of the schema.

We started this change at Apachecon last fall in response to a request of
the Tika project.

Regards,
Dave

On Mar 29, 2010, at 6:07 AM, Amadeo Asco wrote:

> I have started using you library and would like to subscribe to the user
> Mailing List.
>

> I have installed the libraries and run it, nice an easy to use. But it
fails
> when trying to save into the file.  The problem is a missing class:
>
> SEVERE: org/openxmlformats/schemas/spreadsheetml/x2006/main/CTDxfs$1
>
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/openxmlformats/schemas/spreadsheetml/x2006/main/CTDxfs$1
>
>      at

org.openxmlformats.schemas.spreadsheetml.x2006.main.CTDxfs.<clinit>(Unknown
> Source)
>
>      at

org.openxmlformats.schemas.spreadsheetml.x2006.main.CTDxfs$Factory.newInstan
> ce(Unknown Source)
>
>      at
org.apache.poi.xssf.model.StylesTable.writeTo(StylesTable.java:362)