poi-user mailing list archives

From MSB <markbrd...@tiscali.co.uk>
Subject Re: Fw: v 3.6 Question.
Date Tue, 16 Feb 2010 16:34:26 GMT

As no one else has poked their head above the battlements to answer this one,
I will say that no, HWPF/XWPF are not yet at the point where you could use
them to insert an OLE object into a Word file. Reading an OLE object that
has already been inserted into a Word document may - that is a big may by
the way - be possible as HWPF at least is built around the same basic file
system as Excel (POIFS) and I know that it is possible to access such
objects from a worksheet/workbook. Do not ask me how to do it though as I
have no idea and feel that it will entail quite some digging around in the
internals of the API.

Yours

Mark B