poi-user mailing list archives

From Josh Micich <josh.mic...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Excel: precision as displayed
Date Thu, 28 Jan 2010 17:31:44 GMT
The POI formula evaluator doesn't support this option yet.

A solution would require some changes to the method
WorkbookEvaluator.evaluateAny() and addition of a method on
EvaluationCell for determining the display precision of the current
cell.  It's also likely that special rounding logic would be required
to reproduce exact Excel behaviour (I expect similar issues to those
dealt with by NumberToTextConverter and NumberToTextConverter). I'm
not sure if special consideration would be needed for date values.

Contributions are always welcome.