poi-user mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <nick.bu...@alfresco.com>
Subject HSMF (Outlook .msg) updates
Date Fri, 08 Jan 2010 18:29:02 GMT
Hi All

I've done a bit of a re-working of HSMF, out outlook .msg component. If you
just used to use MAPIMessage, you probably won't need to make any changes at
all to your code, unless you used attachments which have slightly changed.

However, if you used POIChunkParser directly (eg Apache Tika), you'll need to
make some changes, as the core is now working more like the other components.
I'll hopefully do a patch for Tika next week, but everyone else probably wants
to look at the new OutlookTextExtractor class to see how to use MAPIMessage for
doing everything you might want to.

There are a few more chunks that we now support, but write support is still
missing. The core ought to be in a much better position to handle writing
though, if someone fancies writing some patches! :)

Nick