poi-user mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <nick.bu...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: Drawing class not having createCellComment function?
Date Fri, 08 Jan 2010 10:16:54 GMT
On Thu, 7 Jan 2010, Michael L wrote:
> Hi, I was trying to use a Drawing object created via
> sheet.createDrawingPatriarch() and noticed that it didn't have the
> function "createCellComment" that is used to create comments.

Cast it to a HSSFPatriarch and you'll find the method you need. Drawing is
common across both hssf and xssf, whilst creating comments via the drawing
is hssf only, which is why you won't find it on the interface

If you can point us at the bit of the docs you were following, we can look
at tweaking the docs to include the cast

Nick